Monday, April 22, 2013

My first Fondarific Cake!

What a huge difference a new product and a few hours with an amazing celebrity chef can make!  I'm thrilled that I had an opportunity to spend some time with Chef Dana Herbert from TLC's Next Great Baker and Desserts by Dana.  He is both an amazing chef, cake decorator and person!

He gave me tips and techniques that both increased my ability and my confidence.  All of a sudden, I feel like this cake thing might be for real!

This cake was created for a champagne bridal shower.  Vanilla cake with champagne buttercream filling.  I was nervous about this buttercream at first but it tasted great!

This is my first Fondarific cake.  Fondarific fondant is, hands down, the best fondant I've worked with. The most amazing thing about it is that it doesn't dry out.  It allows for so much more time for working on your cake.  All of the pink is 50/50 fondant/gum paste.







No comments:

Post a Comment