Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's Been Too Long!!!!

I'm sad to say that my blog gets very neglected.  Cakes are baking, kids are playing, Facebook is updating, but the blog is just hanging out and waiting for some attention.  The blog and the dog could probably do some serious commiserating if given the opportunity!!!

Quite a few milestones since I last updated this page though!

We have reached over 200 "likes" on our Facebook page, which is awesome!

AND Sweet Daisy Cakes held it's first official cupcake fundraiser.  In 24 hours, I baked over 30 dozen cupcakes and raised $700 that was donated to the Red Cross Disaster Relief fund.  It was completely insane but soooo AWESOME.  It's so cool to come together and help.  Especially when there are cupcakes involved!  I'm going to be honest though,  I was not sad to have a cupcake break.

Here is one of the adorable little fundraisers!


I also had the opportunity to explore my nature-y wilderness side with this hunting cake!  This one was tough because I don't really know a whole lot about hunting or deer or bows or arrows, but I was able to work my own style into it and it was A LOT of fun!


I will admit that I got a little attached to my friends Frank and Lewis.  Yes, I named them and was a little sad to say good-bye : )  Just kidding, it's not like anyone was going to eat them or anything...right????  

As I'm typing this, I'm also watching the Phillies battle it out with the Nats in the bottom of the 10th inning, check that, now moving to the top of the 11th (check that, Nat's hit a grand slam while I was typing...grrrr).  So, this is perfect timing to post a pic of this spectacular Phillies cake.  I'm really proud of this one.  Not only because I'm a huge Phillies fan, but also because of the detail that I was able to accomplish.  It's really cool when you have a specific vision that you can successfully execute.



And finally, DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

My first ever wedding cake.  I don't know that I need to say much about this cake, other than whenever I look at a picture of it, it makes me smile :)  I'm so grateful that I get to create something that makes people so happy!




There is some fun stuff coming up soon, too!  A princess castle cake, 4th of July cake and if my Dad is lucky, he's going to get a belated Father's Day cake!  Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!  And remember, there is NOTHING wrong with eating cake for breakfast!  


No comments:

Post a Comment